Laboratory of Geometric Control Theory
This laboratory was established as part of a scientific research project supported with a monetary grant awarded by the Government of the Russian Federation under a grant competition designed to provide governmental support to scientific research projects implemented under the supervision of the world's leading scientists at Russian institutions of higher learning (Resolution of the RF Government No.220 of April 9, 2010).
Grant Agreement No.:
Name of the institution of higher learning:
Sobolev Institute of Mathematics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Fields of scientific research:
Leading scientist's full name: Agrachev, Andrey Alexandrovich
Academic degree and title:
Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor
Professor at the International School of Advanced Research (Italy), leading researcher at the Institute of Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Areas of scientific interests:
- Mathematical control theory;
- Differential geometry and topology;
- Dynamic systems.
• USSR Academy of Sciences Prize, 1989.
• Invited reporter at the International Mathematical Congress in Zurich, Switzerland, 1994.
• Member of the Nevanlinna Prize Committee of the International Union of Mathematicians at the International Mathematical Congress in Beijing, China, 2002.
• Member of the expert working group at the International Mathematical Congress in Haidarabad, India, 2010.
• Research consultant at the International Center for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy, 2001 – 2003.
• Member of the editorial boards of six international mathematical journals.
• Author of more than 130 scientific works and several books.