Laboratory of Supercomputer Technologies in Nonlinear Optics, Plasma Physics and Astrophysics
This laboratory was established as part of a scientific research project supported with a monetary grant awarded by the Government of the Russian Federation under a grant competition designed to provide governmental support to scientific research projects implemented under the supervision of the world's leading scientists at Russian institutions of higher learning (Resolution of the RF Government No.220 of April 9, 2010).
Grant Agreement No.:
Name of the institution of higher learning:
Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod - National Research University
Fields of scientific research:
Computer and information sciences
Supercomputer technologies in nonlinear optics, plasma physics and astrophysics
Leading scientist's full name: Pukhov, Alexander Mikhailovich
Academic degree and title:
Candidate of physical and mathematical sciences; based on the aggregate of his research works, his qualification was recognized as equivalent to doctor habilitatus, professor
Professor of theoretical physics at the University of Dusseldorf
Field of scientific interests:
1. Theory and computer-assisted modeling of laser-plasma acceleration of particles. Author of the acceleration principle in Bubble-mode.
2. Massively parallel computations, High Performance Computing.
3. Theory and computer-assisted modeling of generation of high plasma harmonics using a relativistic laser.
4. Acceleration of particles in the wake of a self-modulated proton beam. Participant of the AWAKE experiment at the Big Hadron Collider at CERN.
5. New sources of electromagnetic radiation and high-energy particles.
- Heinz-Billing-Preis zur Förderung des Wissenschaftlichen Rechnens (1999),
- Manheim Cup winner for parallel code productivity (1999),
- Recipient of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation's Sofia Kovalevskaya Prize (2001).