This laboratory was established as part of a scientific research project supported with a monetary grant awarded by the Government of the Russian Federation under a grant competition designed to provide governmental support to scientific research projects implemented under the supervision of the world's leading scientists at Russian institutions of higher learning, research institutions of the governmental academies of sciences and governmental research centers of the Russian Federation (Resolution of the RF Government No.220 of April 9, 2010).
Grant Agreement No.: 11.G34.31.0030
Host institution of higher learning:
State educational institution of higher professional education "Saratov State University named after N. G. Chernyshevsky"
Scientific research area:
1. To conduct theoretical and experimental research of physical an primarily wave processes in meta-materials;
2. To research methods of creating such processes;
3. To develop devices based on new meta-materials for applications in radio-electronics and photonics.
Key project objectives:
1. To perform computer-assisted modeling and experimental research of frequency dependencies of the penetration and reflection factors of microwave radiation interacting with microstrip photonic crystals containing nanocomposites based on dielectric matrixes with inclusions in the form of carbon nanotubes;
2. To research surface and bulk acoustic waves in one-dimensional and two-dimensional phononic and phonon-magnonic crystals and to develop technologies that can be used to create 1D and 2D phononic crystals and microwave acoustic-electronic devices on their basis;
3. To research the interaction between THz electromagnetic radiation and electron-hole plasma in semiconducting and metallic nanostructures of complex shapes;
4. To develop technologies that can be used to create and research the properties of a new class of planar wave-directing structures based on ferromagnetic films with periodical and quasi-periodical micron- and submicron-sized impurities (magnonic crystals, ferromagnetic laminated structures on metallic ad semiconducting matrixes).
Anticipated project outputs:
The project will help develop new measuring and functional devices and instruments for radio-electronics and photonics.
Leading scientist's full name: Nikitov, Sergey Apollonovich
Academic degree and title:
Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor, associate member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Deputy Director of the Institute of Radio Egnineering and Electronics named after V. A. Kotelnikov; head of the department of applied informatics at MEPhI; head of the department of information security of the Russian New University.
Field of scientific interests:
2. Physics of condensed matter
- State prize for young scientists for a significant contribution to research in physics (1984);
- State prize for pedagogic activities and scientific research in "Wave Electronics" (2009).